- Donor: ECHO
- Implemented by: Save the Children, with partners Relief International (RI) and the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Project Duration: 18 months (Jan 2019- June 2020)
- Project Location: Baidoa; Doolow; Belet Xaawo; and Beledweyne
- Target Group: Vulnerable displaced girls, boys, men and women in different age groups.
The project aims to increase IDP children’s access to quality, protective education and build resilience of children affected by displacement due to disaster and conflict. Access to quality education will be facilitated by addressing identified barriers such as societal gender norms, financial constraints, fear of attacks on education and distress endured by the upheaval from both conflict and disaster. To address these barriers, Save the Children International, Relief International and ADRA will undertake targeted enrolment campaigns and provide financial support for IDP students transitioning into public schools.
Increase IDP children’s access to quality, protective education and build resilience of children affected by displacement due to disaster and conflict in Jubaland, Hirshabelle and South West States of Somalia.
- Access to learning in increased for boys and girls from displacement affected and hard to reach communities;
- Quality of education is improved for boys and girls from displacement affected locations and hard to reach communities;
- Improved safety and protection of learning environments for children in displacement affected locations and hard to reach communities.